Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Book of Spirits and Thieves Book Review

 A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes

This is the first book I have ever read by Morgan Rhodes so I will admit that I had some pretty high expectations, however, this book in no way let me down! This book takes place from 3 perspectives (Crystal, Farrel, Maddox), and shows how two different worlds connect; Mytica and Toronto.
The beginning of this book was a little slow for me and it actually took me the first 60 or so pages just to get into it, but after that I practically couldn't put it down, in fact the last half of the book had me so hooked I didn't put it down. I will admit that there were some parts that were pretty predictable, and a few of the minor characters could have had some more substance. But, the world building and the differences in character personalities among the main characters make up any of the lacking elements. The writing style was nice and the characters were all so interesting to follow in their own way. Some of the outcomes I did not see coming, and there were things that I swore that were coming to happen but turned a way I would not have predicted. The Society aspect of this was so intriguing itself, and everyone within the society, as well as all the society itself, left me wanting to know more. The book as a whole was a great begging to series and makes me want more Morgan Rhodes. (Motivation to finally pick up the Falling Kingdoms series) I absolutely cannot wait for the next book to come, especially considering this one left you with a bit of a cliff hanger. 4.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment