Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Top 5 Favorite Fairy Tale Retellings

Fairy tale Retellings are some of my all time favorite stories to read. I absolutely love a good twist on an old classic.


1. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I am not going to say much because I already wrote a post about the first three books in this series. But wow, it really is so great. (PS, I havent actually read Winter yet but I have read Fairest
2. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
A take on Snow White, taking place in the same world as Ella Enchanted. This book is definitely for younger audiences but it was my favorite book in middle school and I still love it today. 
3. A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
A twist on Rumpelstiltskin by the Brothers Grimm. Such an incredible story of family, riches, love, and what one is willing to sacrifice for all of it. 
4. Splintered Series by A.G. Howard
Spin-off on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The book takes place around Alyssa Gardner who's ancestor is Alice Liddell. This book has curses, destiny and one hell of a love triangle. Such a fun read.
5. Depravity (Beastly Tales #1) by M.J. Haag
A take on Beauty and the Beast. I was not expecting the way this story went and how well and slowly it built up. My only complaint is that I wish the three part series was one large book instead of three individual ones. (PS. I have only actually read Depravity but I do plan on finishing the series)

No comments:

Post a Comment