Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Favorite Reads of 2015!

So I know that there is a Top 5 Favorite Books of the Year for the goodreads Top  group, but I was having so much trouble only choosing 5. Besides, choosing the order is just too hard. The struggles.
(PS. The order is based on the order I read them throughout the year)

  •  Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
    I have never really been one for cyborgs and such like that, in fact, as a rule, i never read books with them, but this has got to be the biggest exception to that rule EVER! Blew me away how she mixed someone like Cinderella with cyborg qualities. 
  •  A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin
    Everyone I know has basically been raving over how totally incredible this tv series is so I thought it would be a good idea to pick the books up first and I am so happy I did. Probably one of the best first book in a series I have ever read. 
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer 
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer 
  • The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski
    Got to love a good story of an enslaved civilization breaking free of its 'master'. This book took turns I wasn't expecting and I am so happy I decided to pick it up. Plus the romance was so ridiculous I can't not like it. 
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien
    This is such a classic series. There are obviously some problems I found within this series but I have to say that the second book was so incredible. I love the multiple perspectives as the fellowship slowly separates and all the incredible world building within the series as a whole. 
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin
    The best book in the series so far. I can't get over all that is happening in this series, but this book made me go through some serious emotional turmoil. SO MANY FEELS. I can't even count the amount of times I wanted to either hug or stab a character. 
  • Relentless (Relentless #1) by Karen Lynch
    This book surprised me in so many ways. I found it as a free eBook on my Kindle and thought I would give it a try. Because it was a free eBook I wasn't expecting anything particularly memorable about it, but holy...it was something else. Such a fun and relatively quick read. I cannot wait to read the next books 
  • A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves #1) by Morgan Rhodes
    I'm not going to say much here, check out my review. 
  • Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown
    This book was freaking incredible, I was not expecting it to be nearly as intense as it was but that just made it so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment