Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Series I'm Not Going to Finish Part Two



1. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series  by Michael Scott
I'm not going to say this is a bad series, I mean, I've only read the first book so I can't really say much. Anyways I know I will never finish this series because it is kind of long and the books just aren't to my liking enough for me to want to finish it.

2. Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson 
5 books in a series isn't, in my opinion, a very long. However, the biggest problem I have with it is that this series should have been a trilogy. They kill they end the bad guy at the end of the third one after all! The premises behind the 4th and 5th book are two other, not as frightening, bad guys. Basically, I only read the three first ones and not the others because I felt like James Patterson was trying to suck as much out of this series as he possibly could and in the end just unnecessarily extended a trilogy.

3. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
When I read the first book in this series in middle school I absolutely LOVED it. It was actually my favorite book for a long time. Sadly, it wasn't until my senior year of high school that a friend of mine kindly informed me that this was a series and not a standalone...It's safe to assume that I was disappointed.

4. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
Damn, James Patterson, stop sucking series dry and than trying to revive them. There really didn't need to be anymore than 8 books in this series, and that's kind of stretching it. I will admit, the concept of this series is very intriguing, but I felt like it could have been better executed. (PS. I read the graphic novel versions of the series so...yeah)
5. Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
I am not going to lie, I feel a little bit bad about adding this series to the list but it couldn't be helped. (SPOILER ALERT!) ughhhhhhh so I have a big problem with memory loss in the middle of a series, and the second book ends with the female protagonist basically having her memory swiped. I literally wen't from being so intrigued and into the story, to being so disappointed because I knew the moment I finished the second book that I was not going to finish the series. BUT, I will say, that I enjoyed the first two books and I really cheered Patch on a lot in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment