Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Top 5 Books I Was Recommended

As Always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey. All past topics and the rest of February topics can be found at the Goodreads group.

1. The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill 

Recommended by: Ma/Mom/Mother/Madre
When I first read this book it didn't really blow my mind, but
since than I have found myself thing back on it a lot. I mean,
this is by the same women who wrote The Woman in Black, which is one of my favorite ghost movies. This is a great
 short story for those just getting into reading suspense books,
or want to get a feel of Susan Hill's writing before getting
 into some of her other work. 


2. Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder 

Recommended by: Friend 
I have never been a buddy reader kind of person, not because I don't
like it, but because none of my friends are big readers or they just
aren't into the same 
kind of books as me. Anyways, in middle school a
 friend of mine really want to 
read this book so my friends and I decided
 to read it together. Long story short,
we all loved it. The book was
kind of like a knock off pretty little liars (which 
at the time I had
never heard of), I don't think I would love it as much if 
I read it
 now, but I still really enjoyed it.


3. The Giver (The Giver Quartet #1) by Lois Lowry 

Recommended by: Sister 
I'm going to be honest, the main reason I picked this book up was
because I was the only member of my family who hadn't read it
yet. But I am happy 
I did. My only big flaw with this book was
the fact that I felt like 
it was much to short. Though I understood
it, I just felt like there could have 
been more to the story overall.
 I'd still recommend it though. 


4. Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater 

Recommended by; Friend
I remember reading this first three books in this series when they 
first came out and I thought that they were so good. Since than the
only other book I have 
read by her is the Raven Boys, which I also
really enjoyed. Maggie has such 
an interesting writing style and I
cannot wait to read more of what she has 
to offer. Everything
she writes is both entertaining and alluring in its own 
way. 


5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrines 
Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs 

Recommended by: Sister 
When I first heard about this book from my sister I wasn't completely
sold on the whole thing. I felt as the the 'peculiarities' of the children weren't all that great; however, after enough nagging from my sister
I finally picked 
it up. Though I still feel the same in regards to the 
'peculiarities', the writing style just isn't for me either. Don't get me 
wrong, the story is actually pretty interesting, and I even went on
to reading the second book, which was even better than the first.
Though my feelings are pretty wishy-washy,  would still
recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Shiver was written by Steifvater! Good list. I'm seeing Miss Peregrines everywhere today. I'm still meaning to pick up the second one.

    My Top 5

    ReplyDelete