Monday, July 25, 2016

Pokémon Go Book Tag

header

So I've been a little absent lately, I know. But today in an attempt to get back on track with my blogging, which I do really enjoy, I thought I would start up again with a book tag and since Pokemon GO is EVERYWHERE (yes, I do play it...no shame) I figured this would be a great tag to jump back in on! This tag was created by readatmidnight, Enjoy! 
Pokemon-Tag-01Starters
Reading has always had a special place in my heart, but I would be lying if I said I've always been an avid reader, I mean, my childhood was full of running through fields and forests, creating triangle bridges and the likes. But I have to say that the earliest book I can remember being totally wrapped up in was one of the MaryKate and Ashley books... I know...Yet, the book that really got into the reading phase I am in now would probably be Wings by Aprilyn Pike
Pokemon-Tag02Pikachu
I would have to say that this would have to be a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Hamlet. Austen stories are always interesting and it's the closest I ever really come to reading a contemporary book. However, I oddly find Hamlet to be pretty funny and the story is kind of ridiculous so that obviously makes it a love of mine...Hmmm...the more I talk about this the more I would have to say that I also really love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and so many more. 
Pokemon-Tag-03-Zubat
Like many others, I would have to say that Truthwitch is starting to become less and less appealing to me. At first I thought it sounded interesting but now I can;t go anywhere without seeing it (that's only a bit of an exaggeration, right?) 
Pokemon-Tag-04-Ditto
This is really hard for me to answer. I feel like a majority of books now are not novel in any way really, but that doesn't make me enjoy them any less, most of the time. However, I feel like this especially applies to dystopia books, eg. Red Rising, Divergent, Hunger Games, etc, 
Pokemon-Tag-05-Snorlax
So many. Though if I had to choose one the main one would have to say the Outlander series. I hear they are so good and I absolutely love historical fiction, but the size of the ever growing series is becoming incredibly intimidating to me. I am, however, determined to, at the very least, read the first book in the series so I can determine for sure if the size is worth it. 
Pokemon-Tag06-Gengar
I am in no way a night person. However, I have gotten out of bed early so I could get back to certain books ASAP. One of course being, Winter, the book had me captured all day every day until I finished it. No lie. Oddly though, it wasn't even that it was necessarily good, but because I just had to know how the story ended! PS. Winter was my least favorite book out of all of them, it's only saving grace being that Cress and Thorne's relationship was just too damn cute. 
Pokemon-Tag07-NidokingQueen
Speak of too damn cute couples, Cress and Thorne killed me. I won't go into it because everyone whose read the series knows exactly what I am talking about. But there are so many adorable and amazing ones out there that it's hard to just choose one. 
Pokemon-Tag08-Rapidash
I could almost say that most stand-alone books are kind of fast-paced. However, some obviously stand out in this field. For one, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl started off pretty quick and had thing after thing happen very quickly. Yes, I will have to say that it definitely sizzled towards the end, but that was mainly the fact that it started to loose its creepy factor, not necessarily that things slowed down. 
Pokemon-Tag09-Eevee
All I have to say about this one is that I am super pumped for the Red Rising spin-off to come out. Pierce Brown know what he's doing and I already feel like I am going to absolutely love the spin-off as well!
Pokemon-Tag14-Magikarp
No lie, my expectations for the Relentless series was pretty non existent when I was going into the first book, but it oddly had my entranced the entire time, I just had to know what was going to happen next. Which is why the second book is on my TBR for next month. 
Pokemon-Tag12-Legendary
The Raven Cycle has been on my wishlist for too damn long. The series has been crazy hyped and I have even read the first book but I just haven't gotten around to reading the other three (mainly because I don;t have them). But seriously, this needs to happen as soon as possible. 
Pokemon-Tag15Mew-MewTwo
The MinaLima illustrated edition of Peter Pan is one of the most beautiful and amazing book editions I have ever seen. I am in love. It's got pull out maps, wings, and beautiful chapter illustrations, I can't get enough of it. 
Pokemon-Tag10-Egg
Not only is How To Hang a Witch one of the most additions to my wishlist, but it also comes out really soon and is the debut novel I'm most excited for! It's got witches and has to do with Salem, plus it apparently has a bit of a Mean Girls aspect. I have a feeling I am definitely going to like this. 
Pokemon-Tag11-Lure-Module
So many! But I would have to say Pierce Brown and Marissa Meyer are definitely at the top of the list. I have loved ever book I have read by both of them. Neither of them can do any wrong. 
Pokemon-Tag13-Server-Down
Oh my goodness, the true struggle am I right? Okay, I acknowledge that this is basically a first world problem. Regardless when they go down it sucks, almost as much as waiting for books that seem to be 'coming out soon' for ever! I mean, Winds of Winter has been a true life form of torture to many fans for YEARS. Also I am ridiculously excited for Heartless and Gemina to come out. I mean, the first is an Alice and Wonderland retelling, which are my favorite, and the latter just need to be in my hand right now. No joke, if I got my hands on any of these books I would probably drop everything to read them.  

On another note, who likes Pokemon? I used to be really into it when I was younger and I doubt I;m the only one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment