Wednesday, July 13, 2016

T5W: Books I Wish Had Sequels

As always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey and is hosted by Sam at thoughtsontomes. All past topics and the rest of this months topics can be found on the Goodreads group page.

233015451656001
18007564209586325907

1. The Sleeper and The Spindle by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell 
As I have said before, I believe this had the potential to be a badass princess-save-princess kind of series. A short one yes, but they could have made more than one book and I totally would have read them. 

2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer 
As I am sure many people are aware, this was supposed to be a series but considering The Host came out like 8 years ago and they haven't said anything about the other books, I wouldn't hold my breath. Again though, this could have been a pretty action packed series with some serious potential. Oh well. 

3. The Martian by Andy Weir 
For those who haven't heard they are going to make a second movie. Though I'm not completely crazy as to where it is going, I can't say no to Mark Watney and I wish he was writing another book as well. 

4. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black 
I don't know if sequel is the right word, I want more of a prequel. I want more on the story of how he got to be in the coffin and such. I'd even be fine with a short story or something, I just want more. 

5. he Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Again, I don't know if sequel is the right word for what I want. I just wish that Tolkien had spread this story out a bit more, you know, made it two books instead of one or something. Don't get me wrong, this book is freaking great....but still.

Any books you wish had a sequel, or at the very least a short story to go with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment