Monday, March 21, 2016

Quote to Short

So my sister was telling me about how she wanted to write a short story based on some quote that she found and I thought it was an interesting idea to say the least, so I thought I would give it a try. This is the beginning, far from a well written short story, but I thought I would share it anyways. So...Yeah...

"In life you're going to face dark moments and hard times that sometimes feel like they will never end. Don’t let your mind be confused by the darkens or let others fuel that fire."
As children we are told that the monsters under the bed are just tricks are minds and imaginations are playing on us; false glimpses in the shadows and bent light from a reflective surface. The boogieman coming to take us for being bad little children. Most of us hear the stories full of creatures with long claws and maniacal laughter as we lift the blanket up a little closer to our noses, eyes wide with fear and curiosity. As our parents tell us we are safe, our siblings try to tell us otherwise, frightening us into a frenzy of wanting to sleep with our parents or keep all the lights in the house on. Stories, they tell us, just stories, old folklore meant to scare us into being little angels. For most people they go their entire life thinking this, but for some they know the real truth. The boogieman might not be real, there might not be a creepy child-snatching creature under your bed, but those misty figures we thought we saw in the shadows, or this odd rays of light we swear are coming from nowhere, those are more true than we care to admit, because sometimes, the dead don’t stay dead. 



I can be a little bit of a wuss sometimes, but I am a lover of suspense movies. In fact, I love the story line of the Saw movies, no matter how gory they can be. I mean, once you have seen them all, in order, the story comes together brilliantly.
Now I have a question for you: are you into horror/suspense movies? If so, what is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment