Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Top 5 Biggest Book Hangovers

As Always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey. All past topics and the rest of March topics can be found on the Goodreads group page.
We've all had bookish hangovers whether we knew it at the time or not. In my personal experience I would probably add them to the unpleasant category, mainly because it has a tendency to ruin other books for me. UGH! and that is never any fun. But sometimes, on occasion, a book will be so good I just can't stop thinking about it! Others, so bad I can't imagine where to go next. 
  1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
    This is probably one of the most, if not the most, heart-breakingly beautiful books I have ever read in my entire life. When I first read this book I was moving/driving cross country and holy guacamole (such a mature statement, right?) I couldn't get this book out of my head for weeks afterwards. In fact, this book lead to one of my biggest/first reading slumps (which later actually became a good thing). Basically, I'm not nor do I ever think I will get over this book.
  2. Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown 
    So, WTF happened here? I saw so many reviews and people talking up a storm about how great this book was. So much talk about how it has to do with class separation, people living on Mars, a crazy school and a super scifi experience. However, I was in now way prepared for the unexpected and completely mind-blowing things that happened in this book. I know I'm just adding fuel to the 'so amazing' fire, but this book was pretty damn amazing, I couldn't get over it for nearly two weeks.
  3. The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien 
    As always, at least for me, Lord of the Rings falls into its own category of classic favorite. Iv'e always really liked the LOTR movies so I finally decided that I should probably get around to reading them, and Oh boy, what a love-hate relationship I have with them now. When I finished The Return of the King I immediately stopped everything I was doing and watched all of the movies again and now I want to reread the books....My dorkiness is starting to take over...send help.
  4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 
    I've already talked about my unimpressed feelings towards this book many-a-times (Review) so I will keep this short. It was such a struggle for me to get through this book, that when I finally finished it I was hesitant to pick up another book for fear of disappointment. (However, I later read 7 book in 3 weeks after that)
  5. Maximum Ride: The Manga by James Patterson 
    No lie, I was interested in this series but I kind of lazy to read all those books so I picked up the manga version, and I am so happy I did. I plowed through the first seven books in this series and was pretty excited to get to the eight, but that's when my opinion basically flip-flopped for this series. The ending of the eighth book reveals the reasoning behind a large majority of what happened in the series so far, and it was kind of a let down for me. I was thrown into this feeling of being let down and slightly frustrated for a while when I finished. It's safe to say I won't read books nine and ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment