Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Top 5 Least Favorite Books In Your Favorite Series

As Always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey. All past topics and the rest of March topics can be found on the Goodreads group page.
Well I haven't really finished that many series, in fact I've only finished about 4 or so...so...lets just get into this!
In no particular order

1. A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin
Though I have only read the first three books, this one definitely ranks far below the others, especially the third one which was freaking amazing *insert sing-songy voice here.* This one had a strong fluff feel to it, Martin was in no way trying to hide this, though necessary, filler book in the series. 

2. The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner
Don't get me wrong the ending to this series wasn't necessarily bad or anything, and I actually enjoyed that it wasn't all wrapped up into a pretty bow, but there was something seemingly off about it. I mean, I was still kind of left with quite a few questions. Plus, I'm pretty interested with the new book coming out for this series, The Fever Code

3. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
This is one of my all time favorite series, like ever. It's a classic, it's amazing, and the movies are filled with very attractive men. This trilogies is one of the rare occasions in which, the middle book is my favorite, I absolutely love The Two Towers. My biggest problem with The Fellowship of the Ring is that the meeting of Elrond is like 70 pages long, and even though I understand it, it was so freaking long, like reading a textbook.

4. Unhinged (Splintered #2) by A.G. Howard
WHY?!?!? The only reason that I disliked this book more than Ensnared was because of Ensnared's epilogue. Unhinged spends so much time with Jeb and I just don't like him. To be frank, hes kind of a controlling douchebag. Poor Alyssa tries so hard to make everything work and he does have his...perks? Regardless, this entire series had me screaming about a lot of things.

5. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
I know, shocker, the final book in an incredibly epic series is my least favorite one, and it is only for tow reasons. One, the book got a little bit repetitive and dragged on in the muddle, though that didn't actually bother me too much. Second, Winter is my least favorite character in the entire series. Yep, I said it, Winter is extremely overrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment