Wednesday, June 8, 2016

T5W: Character Names

You gotta love a good character name. I feel like now a days authors are either ussing plain names or names that are ridiculous to pronounce. However, there are some really fun names out there; ones that role off of the tongue or sound liek theyre from some far away land. I mean, there's really not much to say other than that. But anyways, here are some of my favorite character names.



Pretty much every character in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. 

Aragorn, Legolis, Borormir, to name a few, are just some really fun names. They make the characters sound so legit and tough. These are the names of leaders.



Professor Moriarty.

There's something about the name Moriarty that's just so great. There are so many different Sherlock Holmes based books, shows and movies, but for me, they are made when there is a great portrayal of Moriarty, because a crappy bad guy leads to a crappy show. 


Victor Frankenstein.
I'm sure its not just me, but foreign names are my favorite. Plus, it almost sounds menacing. (I'm pretty sure that's a picture of Daniel in Lady in Black and not the new Frankenstein movie, but oh well, he was hotter in that one.)



Ichabod Crane.

Maybe it's because I love the whole premise around the headless horseman, or maybe it's because Crane by Stacey Rourke was a freaking awesome book, but am now obsessed with this guys name. 



Prince Charming: Charming Von Gerechtigkeit Von Freide Von Gnadenbrot

Like I said, foreign names are pretty great and the fact that Charming's name is not only foreign but excessively long just makes me smile. 

Let me know what some of your favorite character names are! I'm super nosy and would love to know what awesome ones I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment