Wednesday, June 1, 2016

T5W: Bookish Theme Songs

As always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey and is hosted by Sam at thoughtsontomes. All past topics and the rest of this months topics can be found on the Goodreads group page.
No lie, this is probably my favorite Top 5 Wednesday ever. I always listen to music while I read, plus I get unnecessarily excited when a song reminds me of a book or I associate it with one. I have so much lover for Bookish Theme Songs. <3




Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer:
  
Renegades by X Ambassadors 

This song actually reminds me of the whole series, but everything they go through on Lunar in the 4th book really makes them renegades. This song always reminds me of the last book when I hear it, especially the part when it talks about rebels having no fear, 'cus damn, those kids acted pretty fearless.



Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown: Revolution by The Rival 
Who here feels like a revolution? If you've read the book you know what revolution I'm referring to. Well, actually a lot happens, just in the first one alone, that starts off a lot of revolutions. Badassery is super intense in this.



A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin: Pride by American Authors 
This whole song is about pride and such, and if there is one thing that Martin is good at, it's making some of the most prideful literary characters I've had the pleasure of reading...well that and killing off your favorite characters. Martin really knows how to write a bittersweet novel (mostly bitter).



Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff:
  
Last of the Fighters by Virginia to Vegas 
Kady really seems like a lone warrior in this. Yeah, others have hope, but Kady is one of the true fighters.



Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling:
  
Magic by Coldplay
I got super literal with this. But, every time 'magic' is even mentioned I think of Harry Potter. Besides when it mixes magic and love, Ginny and Harry are the first couple I think about because they are just so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment