Wednesday, October 5, 2016

T5W: Sometimes It Feels Like a Marathon and Sometimes It's Actually A Marathon

As always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey and is hosted by Sam at thoughtsontomes. All past topics and the rest of this months topics can be found on the Goodreads group page.
Ever read a book that feels like it's taking forever to get through? Yeah, we've all been there, though some of us wouldn't like to admit it. The worst is when it's a really good book but it feels like the whole universe is conspiring against you. I swear, it's things like that that make me really understand how Sam and Dean felt when they were trying to stop the apocalypse. But I digress, so let's get into some of the books that took me much longer to get through than they should have. (In no particular order)

9601583997610572214809306763961
  • Angels and Demons (Robert Langdon #1) by Dan Brown 
    I've been working on this books since the beginning of September and I still have about 200 pages left. The story itself is so good but every time I go to pick it up I just can't get into it. I know I'm going to love it when I finish it though, so I am determined to finish it this month, *crosses fingers*
  • Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown 
    This book completely blew me away. So, why did it take me an entire month to read? Well, I was the genius who decided to start it in December, amidst holiday shopping, Christmas, a two week vacation, and holiday parties, that's why. 
  • A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin 
    Not the best book in the series, by far. This book took me a month to read because I read the entire LOTR trilogy while I was reading this because I couldn't read just this...I got bored. *gasp* I know, but please don't shun me. 
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 
    Straight up? It was painful finishing this book. Once I knew what was happening I lost so much interest, 
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent 
    I never read book 1, in fact, I didn't even know this was the second book in the series when I started it. Worst part, this wasn't even the first time iv'e done this, I've read just the 2nd book in like 4 different series, I'm the worst. Anyways, it took me like two months to read this because I got confused, lost, and in some parts bored because I just didn't know what was happening. Oops. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this. *Sigh* 
What books took you the longest to get through? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment