Wednesday, October 7, 2020

T5W: TL:DR

 Don't lie, there is a movie or show adaption of a book that you have watched but not read. We all want to denial this blasphemes act buttttt I am as guilty as anybody to having had done this. In fact, for one of my all time favorite book trilogies, LOTR, I watched the movies countless times before I finally picked up the books. But for the sake of staying on topic, lets talk about all those adaptions I have seen but have yet to even pick up the book. 

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Okay okay, hear me out. I watched these movies back when they were being released and, to be honest, I wasn't really a reader back in those days. and now that I have read every other book in the series I can bring myself to finish the series. I know I will cry my eyes out for so much of it and I have yet to mentally brace myself for it. 


2. It



I am honestly too freaked out by the movie to read the book, also, its sooooooo long.


3. Jurassic Park



This on is actually a book I want to read! I picked up a Michael Crichton book for the first time last year and ever since I have actually wanted to read this one as well but just haven't picked it up yet. 


4. Eragon



I have watched this movie more times than I care to admit and I have probably been told the same amount if not more times how much better the book is than the movie. The reason I have yet to pick this one up is because for some reason everytime I go to the book store and pick it up I just can't bring myself to buy it. Maybe once I burn through the last few physically unread books on my bookshelf I will pick this up and love the whole series. Side note, I am really digging both the book cover and the movie poster for this one.


5. The Princess Bride



This is one of my favorite cult classic movies, I still quote it to this day. In fact, when I was younger and got my tonsils taken out instead of a bear my mom bought my a stuffed giant rat from the movie. Maybe one day I will pick the book up but as of right now I actually have no interest in reading the book. Let me know if you thing it is really worth the read though. 


There are obviously a fair few more adaptions I have yet to read the book for but these are probably the ones that have the biggest followings. Comment below if there are any adaptions that you have seen but have yet to read the book for or if there are some the the book isn't even worth the time!

4 comments:

  1. not to mention that 'it' has some disturbing content that wasn't in the movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I know who has read it says the same thing, makes me very hesitant. BUT I do want to read a Stephen King book at some point in my life, I just need to figure out which one is the best starting point.

      Delete
  2. I loved the book version of IT. I'm still unsure how I feel about the movie version. I've only seen the first movie and not the sequel or the really really old movie version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that there is an old movie! But same here though, I have only seen the first movie. I hear in the book what happens in both movies is more intertwined and that when you are reading it it's happening at the same time? I have no idea.

      Delete