Thursday, November 12, 2015

Top 5 Books I Did Not Finish

(  Created by gingerreadslainey. Goodreads group https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-Wednesday  )

So I have to admit this is going to be very difficult considering I usually force myself to finish books, even when I am not really enjoying them...but here we go...

  1. Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer
    I feel like so many people really enjoyed this series, but I found that so much of the book dragged on way to much. I mean, nothing interesting happened in this book at all. I got about 3/4 of the way through it. 
  2. Escape From Slavery: The True Story of My Ten Years in Captivity and My Journey to Freedom in America by Francis Bok  
    The story itself I have to admit was amazing in regards to what this man had to go through, he was really strong considering all the shit he went through. The only reason this book is on the list is because the last hundred or so pages is all about the politics of the war going on where this book took place and I wasnt interested in anything other than his story.
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs
    Such a disappointment. Riggs has an amazing writing style and the story line is incredible well thought out, however there was something about this book that made it impossible for me to get through, in the end I had to put this down about 1/3 of the way through and I ended up reading the graphic novel version of it instead.  
  4. Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga #4) by Stephanie Meyer
    UGHHH...I spent so much time reading the first three books in the series hoping it would get better, and in Eclipse it sort of did but when it came to reading this one I just couldn't get passed the first 50 pages...
  5. Loser by Jerry Spinelli
    I had to read this book for a group project in 8th grade and it is probably one of the worst books I have ever read in my entire life. The writing style is hard to look past and the story itself was incredibly boring, I mean, it was so bad that not one person in my group could finish it and its only about 200 pages long. My mom is the only one I know who has been able to finish the book and she agreed that it was pretty awful.,,,It really is just terrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment