Monday, November 9, 2015

Lunar Chronicles (Pre-Winter Release) Review

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Cinder (#1), Scarlet (#2), Cress (#3)

I'm just going to start off my mentioning that this is one of my favorite series ever.
In this series Meyer makes her own twist on classic princess, e.g. Cinderella, by throwing them into a world where there are cyborgs, "people" living on the moon, and wolf-warrior hybrids. That doesn't even include evil queens and lost princesses.

Cinder was definitely not what I expected. I went into this book with very little knowledge as to what it was about, other than the main character, Cinder, was a cyborg and there were people called Lunars who weren't exactly on the best of terms with the people on earth. But damn did this book surprise me in the best possible way. I mean, cyborg Cinderella? YESSSSS. Yes in the best possible way. I am such a sucker for re-imagined fairy tales and this in no way disappointed. A great beginning to a series. 5/5
“I'm sure I'll feel much more grateful when I find a guy who thinks complex wiring in a girl is a turn-on.” 
― Marissa MeyerCinder


Scarlet is where it lagged a little for me, I mean, again it was so incredible like the first book, but it still had that awkward middle of a series slump. Scarlet was another great character (not as great as Cinder, but we can't all be kickass cyborgs), she had the kidnapped granny angle going for her, and a guy who made us all kind of question his intentions, but other than that she was just a girl on a wild goose chase (depending on how you look at it). At the very least this book was a good segue into the third one. 5/5
“She did not know that the wolf was a wicked sort of animal, and she was not afraid of him.” 
― Marissa MeyerScarlet


Cress....to say this book was awesome would be an understatement. It definitely hit the ground running and never stopped. We get more of look into the inner workings of Queen Levina and how she manages to be such a manipulative person. Like hot damn, for such a terrible queen/person in general, she can be pretty clever. Cress is also a pretty big genius in her own way. The things she has single handily accomplished in her satellite over the years is crazy. Like the first two books this one one starts off with the newly introduced girl and how her life gets turned around in some way or another, and of course, the romance has to be thrown in there. However, I feel like out of all the romances in this series, Cress has the cutest one because it isn't an instant love connection between her and her man thing, its more naturally built up. Back to the story though, the ending to this book just leaves you wanting more! Winter needs to be released like right now...ughhhh. Seriously though, she's got me hooked. 5/5
“You said yourself that the people of Luna need a revolutionary.” She lifted her chin, holding his gaze. “So I’m going to Luna, and I’m going to start a revolution.” 
― Marissa MeyerCress


Anyways as a whole this series seriously is awesome as all hell, especially considering that Cinder is Marissa Meyer's debut novel. I CAN NOT wait for Winter to come out already, I can't even imagine what she has in store for us in the final installment of Lunar Chronicles, to say it is going to be epic, i'm sure, is a huge understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment