Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Disney Princess Book Tag

Let's be real, now a days most of the protagonists of YA books are orphans or their parents basically aren't in the picture, so the T5W post for today just isn't going to happen, sorry. Also due to the fact that Iv'e been sick since last Thursday I haven't really gotten around to finishing the book review that I originally planned on posting today, instead I'm going to do this tag because it's been in my drafts pile for a while now and Disney related things are never a bad idea, right? Anyway, without any further delay, the Disney Princess Book Tag, originally created by...honestly I have no idea. Comment down below if you know, I guess.
P.S. I'm actually really excited to do this, don't let me seemingly indifferent intro make you think otherwise.

  1. Snow White: What's your favorite classic?
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland will always be one of my favorite classic books. Don't get me wrong, I also love Peter Pan and so may others, but there's something about the utter nonsensical ridiculousness of Wonderland that's always got me hooked. Plus, there are so many good retellings based off it, that you can't not appreciate the story.
             
  2. Cinderella: What book kept you up way past your bedtime?
    The Book Thief was such a powerful book, I couldn't put it down. I read that book every chance I could form start to finish. Though, I'm not usually into books that make me really emotional, I loved this book no matter how many times it tore me apart.
      
  3. Aurora: What's your favorite classic romance?
    Pride and Prejudice will forever be my answer to such questions. I mean, Jane Austen did good. Plus, the movie is basically everything.
        
  4. Ariel: Name a book about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams.
    The Darkest Part of the Forest...well Hazel fights in her dreams, close enough right? Okay, I really didn't know what to put for this one, but I really enjoyed this book. Besides, the cover's pretty gorgeous and ***SPOILERS*** Ben gets the prince, what more could you ask for?          
  5. Belle: Name a book with a smart, independent female character.
    The Winner's Curse has some interesting characters in general, but Kestrel is such a fighter, plus she's hella smart. I mean c'mon, she got mad strategy skills. Though she independently goes off and does things I don't completely agree with sometimes, she's a damn smart cookie who pretty much always has a plan up her sleeve.
          
  6. Jasmine: Name a book character that challenged the social conventions of his/her world.
    Cinder, from the Lunar Chronicle, is the most obvious choice for this one. She's a lunar cyborg who's got a thing with an earthen emperor, she lives in a place where cyborgs aren't even considered people, but property, and she's the heir to the Lunar kingdom. That and she kicks some serious ass. BAM. Nailed it.
        
  7. Pocahontas: Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions.
    Red Rising was roller-coaster in so many ways; action packed, craziness, emotions, I absolutely love it. One of my favorite books of 2015. If you haven't had the opportunity to read this book yet, get off of your craziness and go get it.
               
  8. Mulan: Name a book with a kickass female character.
    The Harry Potter series has so many kickass characters I'm not even going to start with it. If you've read the series, or at least part of it, you know what I mean.
               
  9. Tiana: Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character.
    In A Game for Thrones, well actually the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series, Deanerys Targaryen is the baddest of the bitches...okay, I guess that depends on who you ask. But really, when it comes to hardworking, self-made characters she really fought for her own and became someone that so many people would be proud to follow.
          
  10. Rapunzel: Name a book that features an artist.
    I was originally going to go with the book If I Stay, but than I remembered that a large majority of what happens in the Splintered series is based around some of the characters art, from bug montages to bloody scenery. Besides, as I said earlier, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland retellings are rarely a bad idea.
         
  11. Merida: Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship.
    Though Molly Weasley is basically the mom of all moms, Connie Nicolson from Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging was a pretty awesome ma as well. I mean, yes, I only read the first two books in the series (and own the movie) but in those two books she was pretty awesome.
          
  12. Anna and Elsa: Name a book with a great relationship between siblings.
    For the sake of not bringing up the Weasley family again, I'm going to have to go with the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie are a pretty bad ass group of siblings. What I really like is the fact that Lewis wrote such a fun story about four siblings instead of the usual two. Go Lewis for mixing it up a bit.
Okay, can we just talk about the Frozen gif? That's basically a perfect representation of my sister and I. To a T, no lie. Also, that Mulan gif was pretty awesome. This is the first time I've used gifs in a post (I think) and I don't know about you, but I'm kind of digging it. 
Do you agree with my answers? Do you think you have better ones? Am I asking a lot of questions in a short amount of time? (Yes Rachael, shut up) Let me know in the comments! I love reading what y'all have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment