Friday, October 9, 2015

Gone Girl book Review

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

There are not enough words to describe how I feel about this book. I know this book blew so many people minds and it's very much loved so I must prepare you for a very unpopular bookish opinion. This book was so far from being my cup of tea. It was in no way mind blowing and I've never struggled so much to finish a book. I will admit that I partly knew what was going to happen before I started but that doesn't change the fact that this book was pretty dull. 
The whole thing revolves around both the wife and husband being incredible BSers and cunning to the point that it was actually kind of impressive. I have to give Gillian Flynn that, the characters were kind of awesome in the aspect that they were really smart (in a way) and quite damaged. I mean the wife herself is a full blown psychopath (which I absolutely love) and the husband is just stuck in this f***ed up situation, which he handles so incredible poorly. The characters are both so real and so...entertaining. And I must say that they really do deserve each other. 
Sadly that's all I can really give to the book. The writing style was perfectly adequate for this kind of book and the story in itself was obviously really thought out, but I just couldn't get into the story at all. I mean you can sort of guess the twist like 80 pages into the book and the ending seemed very drawn out like there was this hug build up and instead of dropping so much on us it was more of a roll or a light toss. There's was a pretty catastrophic nightmare in the middle but everything revolving around that was just lacking. 
Anyways, regardless I can definitely see why so many people loved this book and I would recommend it to those who are into mysteries, but overall it was probably a 3/5 for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment