Friday, October 16, 2015

Long Book Struggles: The Behemoth

I love the sweet feeling of having a huge book. I had to rewrite that sentence about a dozen times in hopes it wouldn't sound inappropriate and eventually had to settle with that. Anyways, for me long books actually give me so many mixed feelings. On one hand I love them because there is so much story, so much depth, so much muchness. The characters have more personality and complexity making them more interesting to follow. While on the other hand it can be so daunting to pick up a long book knowing you are going to have to dedicate so much time in order to finish it, even worse is when it is a series of crazy long books. I, for one, am currently try to get through the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series where basically every book is around a thousand pages, which is a little ridiculous. Since I've started 'A Clash of Kings' (969 pages) I've taken breaks to read both 'The Return of the King' and 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe' and I have started 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' as well. It's like my brain doesn't want to commit...regardless I will probably never not read a book because of its length. That's even more ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment