Monday, October 19, 2015

Hollow City book Review

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

I am going to start off by saying that I never finished the first book, after the fist 200 pages I stopped and read the graphic novel instead.
I wanted so much to love this book, the story seemed awesome and everyone else has raved about. But I just couldn't really get into it. Ransom's writing style is so amazing and he does an incredible job at creating such a magically captivating world. The bizarre photos of the peculiar children just added to the story and made it that much more enticing. However part of me just couldn't get into it, I spent a large majority of the book forcing myself to finish it. As well thought out and captivating the story was, it just fell short a note or two for me. I in no way hated it, but its definitely not at the top of my list. Some of it felt a bit too convenient, even forced, especially when they were trying to find other loops. 
Overall the books was an A+ idea to me. I loved the idea of it but couldn't bring myself to actually get into it. I'd probably give it a 3.75/5 or 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment