Sunday, January 3, 2016

Red Rising Book Review

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

I have been wanting to read this book since it came out and I am so happy I finally picked up. It took me longer to get into it than I thought, i.e. part one was kind of confusing, but once the book starts to pick up the pay-out is so worth it.
Part one of the book is a little bit confusing in that there are a lot of things introduced in a short period of time. You meet the main character Darrow, as well as his wife and family, also you are introduced to the world they live in and their culture (I suppose that's the best way to describe it).
The rest of the book is kind of crazy. So much happens in this book and they really get into what happens all of them are feeling and what golds have to go through to get to where they are in the book now. The institute that he is striving to get to (which he obviously gets into) end up being an animal he was in no way expecting.
The war strategy in this book is pretty damn crazy, I was in no way expecting it to be as intense as it was. Because this book was nominated and the second book in the Red Rising Trilogy, Golden Son, won the Goodreads Choice Award for Science Fiction (2015), I thought this was going to be a heavy science fiction book but the fantasy and dystopian was definitely just as prevalent. Also, all the side notes of Roman gods and earthen history added so much to everything that was happening. Overall this book in no way disappointed and it is most definitely one of my favorite books I read all year. 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment