Sunday, January 17, 2016

Yes Please Book Review

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

“Saying “yes” doesn’t mean I don’t know how to say no, and saying “please” doesn’t mean I am waiting for permission.” - Amy Poehler, Yes Please 

My opinion of this books is probably a little bias but I just freaking love Amy Poehler. She is one of my all time favorite women in Hollywood and I am so happy to have finally picked her book up. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it put me through a mild existential crisis. I couldn't ask for anything more!

 As always she was genuine, honest, and hilarious all at once, without shying away from discussing the darker sides of life, but she approaches them with hope and an uplifting spirit, always being the optimist. She really gets into the fact that she isn't a perfect person but that she is who she is and that's something everyone has to learn to live with. Her ideas on haw everyone has a currency was so refreshing and really highlights how down-to-earth she is as a person. Even when she is talking about sad or more serious issues she always manages to add in her own quirk and sarcastic tones. 

One of the tings that really brought the book together fro me is when she talks about events and shows she has been on because I can imagine her in those roles. For example, she dedicates an entire chapter to what is was like being on the show Parks and Recreation and what it meant to her; she even adds a little bit about all the main people in the show. This definitely filled me with emotions because that is one of my all time favorite shows and to hear her talk about how she was filming the last season while writing the book was definitely something. She also talks a lot about Tina Fey in the book which was so great considering the two of them are my all time favorite comedy duo. I had never known that they knew each other for so long and through so much, it really puts into perspective what true friendship is like. 

Also, I just have to mention on the pictures and quote pages in the book. They really help put you into her shoes plus its a good laugh to see her pre-stardum. Go Amy, keeping it real since before I was born *insert thumbs-up here*  (5/5) 

20910157

No comments:

Post a Comment