Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 Books Under 200 Pages

I have to admit this was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, I mean, I never really read books that are this short, excluding Manga and Graphic Novels. So I have to give credit where credit is due and admit that all of these books were either required reading at school or pushed on me by friends and family. With that being said, lets get right on into it!


1.The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill
My mom convinced me to read this book and I am so happy she did. The story revolves around a painting that depicts a mysterious setting of masked revelers at the Venice Carnival; this dark art of the carnival actually has the power to entrap life. The story is such a haunting tale and kind of beautiful in its own way, I really enjoyed it. Plus, its by the same person who wrote the Woman in black, which should say something about the eeriness. 


 2.The Giver by Lois Lowry 
I don't know what to say about this book that you probably haven't already heard so I'm not going to say much. The book was very intriguing and I am happy I finally read it, considering how long I procrastinated it.

 

3.Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi 
This story was heartbreaking, funny and so moving. I probably never would have heard of it but my AP English teacher had us read it at the end of the year as a post-AP exam assignment and even though so many people were mad at her for it I am so happy she did. 

9516

4.Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World by Jennifer Armstrong 
This is a telling of the story of the ill-fated Endurance, a ship that in 1914, carried 27 men from England in an attempt to be the first people to cross Antarctica. This was a book I had to read in middle school and though, at the time, I wasn't sure what the point of us reading it was, I can now appreciate it more than I ever thought I would.

139142

5.The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
So I was recommended this book by a friend of mine who raved about this book for so long. Now that I have read it I can honestly say that, it its own way, this book is kind of wonderful and beautiful,and though I did have some problems with it I would recommend it to everyone.

25076674 

6.Chance of Rain by Laurel Veil 
Bonus! I felt like I should add this book because it's different than all the other ones. It's a story about spying on loved ones and trying to protect those closest to you. This is one of those books that had me captured, though that was partly due to the fact that it was only 200 pages, as well as interested in what the ending was going to bring for all the characters. (review)

21540710

No comments:

Post a Comment