Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Soundtrack To My Life Book Tag

Created by JenniKing  (created about a year ago)
I wanted to do something a little different today so I am doing something I have never done before, a tag! Hopefully my answers are not terribly boring. 



1. Opening Credits: Favorite childhood book 


When I was younger I wasn't much of a read, I was an outside kid; I'm talking tree houses, running through fields, and trying to make homemade zip-lines and triangle bridges, the works. BUT I was really into veggie tales so I mean, that's something. 



2. Waking Up: A book that got you out of a reading slump


Hibiki's Magic by Jun Maeda is probably the cutest manga I have ever read in my entire life. Whenever I get into a reading slump taking a quick read through this (manga in general really) helps me so much. This one is definitely one of my favorites.





3. School: A book you had to read for school that you ended up liking 


When Asia Was the World by Stewart Gordon is probably my favorite mandatory school book. Fun fact, I am actually a huge history buff.  Which partially makes this feel like I am cheating, but whatever, I really liked it. Other noteworthy school books include; How to Read Literature like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster and Hamlet by William Shakespeare...Yes, I am a bit of a dork. 





4. Falling In Love: An Author you love so much you want to read all of their books

Marissa Meyer, after all the Lunar Chronicles series is one of my favorite and I just love her writing style. Plus, she has two new books coming out this year; a bind-up of a bunch of Lunar Chronicles novellas and the first book in a new series. So excited! 





5. Fight: Book with best action sequence

Destined by Aprilynn Pike. I must say the epic troll on faerie battle at the end of this series is pretty damn epic. Pike really knows how to set a scene. But, I can't choose this book without side mentioning that I also really like the battles in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, A Song of Ice and Fire series, and of course Red Rising; which has some sick strategy scenes, major props to Pierce Brown for killing it in battle strategy. 





6. Break Up: A Book or series you didn't finish and do not intend to finish

I'm not going to say much about the Hush, Hush series because I talked about this series in my Series I'm Not Going To Finish Part Two post, but basically I got half way through this series when something happened that just makes it really hard for me to finish the series. 





7.Hanging with Friends: A book you think everyone else should read

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is such an obvious choice, the book has so many amazing messages and it is just overall a beautiful book. Plus, the movie adaption of it was very well done and, in fact, one of my favorite movies. 




8. Breakdown: Book that seriously affected you/ made you cry
 your eyes out

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is probably the best book I have ever read in my entire life. As one of the few books that has ever made me cry, it has left a pretty big impact on me. Like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I believe everyone should read this book at some point in their lives. 



9. Road trip: Your favorite series (more than 3 books) 

The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin is so freaking good. It has everything from love to vengeance to magic to politics; that, and as I have mentioned before, John Snow is pretty much my book husband. Though the series is ridiculously long, it is worth pretty much every page. 


10. Flashback: Your favorite book from five years ago 

Up until my high school graduation Fairest by Gail Carson Levine was my favorite book (that's because just days after I graduated I read The Book Thief for the first time which changed everything). I have always been a total sucker for fairy tale retellings and this is one of the best I have ever read.  





11. Getting Back Together: What book can you not stop rereading 

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is the only book I have ever read more than twice, and the 2005 movie adaption is my most watched movie ever. To be completely honest though I don't even love the book that much, its the story I love; the idea of it all I suppose. (sorry if that is confusing) 

12. Wedding: A book that is really special to you 

Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne is the oldest book I own, in fact I think my parents have had it since before I was born, so it has a certain sentimentality to it. The same goes for a very old copy of Where the Wild Things Are I have as well. 





13. Moment of Triumph: Longest book you have ever read

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin, I mean, all of his books are freakishly long but this one is nearly 1200 pages...crazy! yet so so so good.




14. Death Scene: Book or series you wish had ended differently

Ensnared by A.G. Howard was the last book in the Splintered series, which is an Alice's Adventures in Wonderland retelling, and it is completely crazy. It's not that I disliked the ending nor was it unhappy, but something about it made me want to throw the book across the room when I was done.


15. Funeral: Book with the best or worst epilogue 

Crane by Stacey Rourke had the funniest epilogue I have ever read. In fact the book as a whole was both amazing and hilarious, but the epilogue was definitely my favorite part. Just think about it, it's a Headless Horseman retelling and it funny, definitely worth the read even if its just for the epilogue. A+ to Rourke for humor.  




16. End Credits: Who do you tag?

Well I don't really know anyone in the bookish community (sadly) so I guess I tag everyone who has gotten this far. 





1 comment:

  1. I love this book tag, it's really interesting and I loved your answers! It's definitely a tag that is going down in to my notebook as a idea for a future post! :)
    Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete