Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Unpopular Bookish Opinions

We all have those books that we really want to love along with everybody else but no matter how hard we try we just can't.

1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
It is so hard for me not to like this book. The concept was incredible and the psychopathic tendencies of both spouses were entertaining in themselves but for some reason the book as a whole was in some ways so painful to finish. I knew within the first 100 pages that this was not a book for me and I struggled to finish it. This will probably be the only Gillian Flynn book I ever read.

2. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer
One thing I can say in regards to this series is that it is definitely one of those books that I feel everyone has an opinion on. I read all of the books in this series when I was in middle school and the only one I can safely say I enjoyed was The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. But the other ones felt a little dragged on to me. The story line was poorly executed and the writing style was just not for me, however, I do understand why so many people enjoyed this series.
3. Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer
This is probably one of the most boring books I have ever read. Again, I believe it had an interesting concept and I really like the cover of the book but I just could not get into it no matter how hard I tried. The only thing I really liked about the book is how the author really got into what it would be like if the moon got knocked closer to earth; explaining everything from weather to gas to food supplies.

4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman 
In so many ways this was a beautiful story but that was all there really was for me. I feel like it was an idea that has been done a lot and the author never really got into depth with the characters. I dis kind of enjoy the end but the whole entire middle section was just not to my liking.

5. Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 
Okay, I get that so many people absolutely love this book and the series as a whole, and I agree, it is a really good series. I mean, I've only read the first two but I do really want to read the third one. Anyways, it is not the whole series I have a problem with, it is literally just the first book that I am not really crazy for. I feel like all it did was build and build but nothing huge really happened in it, like an extended beginning. BUT I will say that I really enjoyed the second book (though still not my favorite) and I hope that the third one is even better. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment