Sunday, May 1, 2016

April Wrap-Up

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, at the beginning of the month I was in a reading slump, caused by both my job and some other personal things. Once I was finally working myself out of that slump my body goes and decides to be sick, like the universe wanted to just kick me while I was down. During such times I got into watch a bunch of random anime, due to my inability to pick up and enjoy a good book, which ended up not being so terrible. I'm usually not a book show watcher, but I've always had a weak spot for anime. Regardless of everything, however, I'd say the fact that I read more than two books this month was a pretty good feat.

April Wrap-Up

48516522914523848058240010952475147896153473195006

  1. Pita Ten, Vol. 01 (Pita Ten #1) by Koge-Donbo, Adam Arnold and Nan Rymer (3/5) 
  2. The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell (4/5)
  3. Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura #1) by CLAMP and Maria Simpson (3.5/5)
  4. The Lost Girl (Fear Street Relaunch #3) by R.L. Stine (3/5)
  5. Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter (4.5/5) - Review
  6. Soundless by Richelle Meade (3.25/5) - Review Coming Soon 
  7. Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol (4/5)
  8. With Hunter, Volume 1 (Witch Hunter #1) by Jung-man Cho (4/5)

April Anime


  1. Blue Exorcist -> Started in March, Finished in April. Such awesome action and the story line was pretty entertaining. Haha oddly enough, I found Satan to be kind of funny...evil...but his laugh cracked me up every time.
  2. Ouron High School Host Club -> Second time watching it. Such a fun show. The twins are probably my favorite though, than again, I have a weakness for twins. They oddly remind me of Fred and George now that I think of it, interesting. 
  3. Maid-Sama -> Actually much cuter as it went on. Haha the main character reminds me of myself though...so bad with my words.
  4. Kamisama Kiss -> Not what I expected? Cool concept and the characters were pretty entertaining but I feel like nothing really happened. 
  5. Inu X Boku Secret Service ->This show had so much potential. The writers didn't play up the characters abilities nearly as much as they could. hate to say it, but it kind of disappointed me. I will say, the characters made the show, they made it worth watching.
  6. Wolf Girl and Black Prince -> What a total sadist! I mean, he was also kind of a sweatheart when you think of it, but at first he was such a sadist. *chills*
  7. Kimi Ni Todoke: From me to You -> This was a lot more lovey-dovey than I thought it was going to be. That, and it was so freaking frustrating! It took them so long to admit their feelings to each other. UGH!! It wasn't even a secret, like holy guac, and the worst part, *SPOILERS* they didn't even kiss! I waited 37 episodes and they never kissed, not once!
  8. Dance With Devils -> Another action packed show. Rem's fight scene in the grandfathers house was pretty cool. However, going into it, I had no idea it was kind of a musical. It didn't have very many songs and they were pretty short, but I just wasn't expecting it. Pretty interesting show in itself though. 
  9. Special A -> This is another one where you are rooting for the two people to get together. This was such a fun anime and I'm pleased with how it ended. Plus, Jun's "secret power" is so great.
  10. Red Data Girl (RDG) -> WTF. This shows had to much potential to be pretty freaking awesome and I feel kind of let down. First of all it was hella confusing, there should have been more filler/explanatory episodes throughout it. Second of all the ending was incredibly abrupt, I actually googled the show to see if there was a second season; sadly I didn't find anything that said there was.  
  11. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU -> I feel like nothing really happened in this show. It wan't bad or anything, it just wasn't memorable. 
I also started a few anime that I didn't finish because I either didn't like it or I new something I wasn't going to like was about to happen. One of which was My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too but I could just feel a love triangle coming on and I really really don't like love triangles. (Haha We're just going to ignore the love polygon in Dance With Devils) Oh! and I realize I don't right very many book review, so if I read a book you want me to review let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen nothing but glowing reviews for The Star-Touched Queen so hopefully you like it as much as everybody else does! And I can't wait to see what you think of The Winner's Kiss. I loved it and thought it was a great finale to the series, so hopefully you feel the same way. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited for them both, I've even read the first few chapters of The Star-Touched Queen already and It's so good! Plus I can just tell that i'm going to love The Winner's Kiss. This should be a great reading month.

      Delete