Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Authors I Want To Meet At BEA And Bookcon

To be honest, narrowing it down to just 5 is a pain in my ass. The only author that I've met before was Maggie Stiefvater, and that was before she became the amazing author she is today, I'm talking, when she was first writing The Wolves of Mercy Falls series (I'm pretty sure it was about the time that Forever came out). Anyways, it was a while ago, before The Raven Cycle was even a thing. Long story short, at the time, I had no idea who she was and I wish I could go back to that time and buy all her books and get them signed. But I digress. Here are the 5 authors I want to meet the most if I were to go to BEA or Bookcon, which, sadly, I'm not.


@Joan Allen Photography
1. Pierce Brown - Bookcon 
I would probably have a total fan girl moment if I ever met Pierce Brown, which says a lot. I'm the kind of person who's good at keeping their composure in such situations but I don't think I could around him. His writing is so wonderful. I can't wait until I finish the Red Rising trilogy and he releases Iron Gold.  


Marissa Meyer
2. Marissa Meyer - BEA - Heartless
Another wonderful writer. I would probably read any book she releases no matter what it's about. But can we talk about not only how awesome The Lunar Chronicles was, but also the fact that Heartless is coming out soon and that she's writing a new series, The Gatlon Trilogy. I am so pumped for her next work!


Leigh Bardugo
3. Leigh Bardugo - BEA - Crooked Kingdom 
I've read the first few chapters of Six of Crows (lol I may or may not have been in a bookstore), but she has such an interesting writing style and her worlds are just so intriguing. I can't wait to see what other worlds she creates in her books as she diverges from the Grisha world and into something new.


Maggie Stiefvater
4. Maggie Stiefvater - BEA - The Raven King 
With one of the most unique and poetic writing styles, who wouldn't want to meet her? That, and the fact that I would like to meet her now that I actually know who she is and what amazing things she has written. Let's just say I would like to redeem my naive self.


5. Ransom Riggs - BEA - Tales of the Peculiar 
Okay, though he may not be my favorite author, I'm starting to really enjoy his work. I'm Currently reading Library of Souls, the third and final book in the Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children trilogy, and I really am starting to get into his writing. It's like the more he write the better it gets. That and he just seems like a cool guy. 

I will say that these aren't the only authors I would really enjoy meeting, but since I sort of have to choose 5, (not that I always stick to that rule) these are the authors I would probably want to meet the most. Especially Pierce Brown. if I had to only choose one, I would choose him with no hesitation. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is SUCH a great least!! And I'm flailing that you've met Maggie Stiefvater before (even if it was ages ago) because !!!!! I LOVE THE RAVEN CYCLE SO MUCH I COULD CRY. No wait. I already do cry. FAJdsalkd it's just that amazing, right?! Ahem. *composes self* I'd also love to meet Marissa Meyer. I think she just seems so NICE and it'd be awesome to thank her for the awesomeness that is all her books. :') I don't think I could meet Pierce Brown without growling at him for the HEART ATTACK he gave me in Morning Star. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! These authors giving me all the feels!! I mean, composure is far from possible in such situations. Tears, all the tears.

      Delete