Sunday, May 1, 2016

May TBR

I already know I'm going to have a full plate in May, from new things going on at work to my grandma visiting for a week (which means I get to sleep on the couch...yay...). But I'm still super pumped for the book I plan to read in May!

May TBR
24120519
Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #3) by Ransom Riggs 
I know this isn't a popular opinion but please don't chase me with torches and pitchforks for saying it; I'm not very fond of this series. I didn't like the first book so much that I never even finished it. (I read the graphic novel instead) The second book was good I suppose, I still had some problems with it, but it was much better than the first. The main reason I'm finishing this series is because I have so many unanswered questions, I feel weird not finishing a trilogy after reading the first two books, and if this is better than book two, which I hear it is, than I think I might actually like it. *shrugs* so yeah...


Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum - Currently ReadingI've been working on this book for just over a week now and, for the life of me, I've been having trouble really getting into. The story is so much fun and I love how it's kind of different than the wonderful Neverland and happy-go-lucky Pan we've all come to know and love. Hopefully I will be able to finish this book and it wont be added to my DNF pile.

20443235
The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy #3) by Marie RutksokiHonestly, I wanted to start this book the moment I got it in the mail, but I've been working on my self control. However, the moment I get the chance, I'm going to devour this book. I just cannot wait to see how Marie Rutkoski plans on wrapping up the series.

25203675 
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani ChokshiGot this in the mail the other day, and again, I wanted to sit down and read it right than. This will probably be the first book I get to out of these and I already know I'm going to fall in love with this book. I mean, I'm already pretty much obsessed with the cover.

18966819
Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown 
AHHHHHH! Now that I have Morning Star I can read the last two books in this trilogy right after the other. As I've said before, Red Rising was one of my favorite book of last year and I'm ecstatic to own the whole trilogy now so I can see what Pierce Brown has done to all the character I loved in the first book. Small bookish pet-peeve, I own all three of the books in different additions; promotional copy, paperback and hardback. They look terrible together on my bookshelf, but I'll manage for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment