Wednesday, August 17, 2016

T5W: Great Opening Lines

Everyone knows that a great opening line can really get you hooked, and who doesn't liked getting hooked right off the bat. I will say, however, that I very rarely remember the opening lines of books and if it weren't for google, I would have been able to do this. But, with no further ado, here are some of my favorite opening lines!

First the colors. 
Then the humans. 
That's usually how I see things.
Or at least, how I try.
 - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
 I had just come to accept that me
 life would be ordinary when extraordinary 
things began to happen. 
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 
 He began his new life standing up, 
surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner 

 I'm pretty much fucked.
The Martian by Andy Weir 
 Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive,
were proud to say that they were perfectly normal,
thank you very much.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling


What are some of your favorite opening lines? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment